Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Jaimie Holland and Fleurina selected for FEI Young Rider World Cup

Jaimie Holland, who rides in ECOGOLD's Stabilizer Dressage Saddle pad, will be Canada's sole representative at the 2010 FEI Young Rider World Cup, which takes place on December 15-19 at the Frankfurt CDI-W, in Germany. This will be a great finish to Jaimie's incredible season with her mare Fleurina,  having won individual freestyle gold, individual bronze and team silver at this year's North American Junior and Young Rider Championships in Lexington, Kentucky. 
Jaimie will be sending World Cup reports from Germany, but here is an introduction in her own words.

“I am 21 years old and am pursuing an Honours Bachelor of Science Kinesiology degree with a minor in Psychology at McMaster University. My horse, Fleurina, is a 12 year old Westphalian mare out of Floristan I and Nevermind. I have owned "Nina" since she was a four year old and was brought over from Germany by Lori Bell from Norbert Van Laak's barn.

Together with the help of my long time coach Tom Dvorak, we have brought Nina up and trained her through the levels from training level to PSG now. Periodically my coach Tom Dvorak has German trainer Norbert Van Laak over for clinics that I also ride in. Nina and I share a close bond because I have had her and ridden her since she was a baby. Nina has a heart of gold and tries her heart out for me every ride. She is a true competitor and has all of the tests and the freestyle pattern memorized - sometimes she thinks she is smarter than I...which may be the case.
Nina and I have represented Canada at the North American Championships four years in a row now, sometimes qualifying at the last show and the last ride only to have personal bests at the championships each year. In 2007 we helped earn the Junior Team Gold Medal in Virginia, followed by the Young Rider Bronze Medal in 2008 in Colorado. This year has been our best so far finally cracking that infamous 70% in the technical tests and earning Individual Gold, Bronze and Team Silver medals at the 2010 North American Young Rider Championships in Lexington, Kentucky.
Getting ready for a major competition like this is very exciting, but also a lot of work. This year, I have been working with my personal trainer, Kendra Olsen, doing a lot of cross fit workouts to prepare physically. Additionally, I have been working with Sport Psychologist, Dana Sinclair, from Human Performance International since my first year at Juniors to make sure I am mentally prepared. To cap it off, making sure every ride I have a game plan ahead of time of things I want to work on and achieve, and just honing Nina's and my skills and partnership. I can't wait to get there and just ride and have fun!!!!!!”

Video - Jaimie Holland and Fleurina - Young Rider Freestyle at the 2010 Wellington Dressage Classic

No comments:

Post a Comment