Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Devastating

Tragedies like these, normally happen to people we don't know. But unfortunately, this one hit very close to home.

This morning, as I was about to drive to work, I received a text asking me if I had heard anything about a fire at Boyd Martin's barn. Boyd is one of our sponsored riders and I have visited his barn at Phillip Dutton's True Prospect Farm a couple of times. My reaction was "What? That can't be right". When the news was confirmed that it was indeed true and that horses were lost, it hit like a ton of bricks.

Today, we feel unbelievably sad for Boyd and his team, and completely powerless.

On behalf of ECOGOLD, I would like to send our heartfelt condolences to the owners and everyone connected to the horses lost in the fire: Call Me Ollie, Charla, (Lillian's) Ariel, Phantom Pursuit, Cagney Herself, and Summer Breeze.

We are praying for the surviving horses being treated at the New Bolton Center: Neville Bardos, Otis Barbotiere, (Caitlin's) Catch a Star and Ambassador's Rose.

We are thinking how brave Lillian Heard, Caitlin Silliman, Ryan and the others at True Prospect Farm who went in the fire to save them, are.

Boyd, you are in our thoughts, with Silva, Lillian, Caitlin, Phillip and Evie, the owners and everyone at True Prospect Farm. We are grieving with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment