Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Carrie's Rolex Experience - Bye Bye Logic...

Throwing logic to the wind...I find myself sitting down to write a blog post for super-awesome-wicked ECOGOLD...rather then doing the other 4 million things that I have to do today.  Have you all been keeping up with Patricia's posts on this blog and on Facebook...?!! I personally, am having a hard time keeping up! I think she has cloned herself and is in 4 places at the same time.  She is doing an incredible job...so, if you are going to be at Rolex, make sure you all visit BOOTH #69 at the Trade Fair in the new Arena, buy some cool stuff (I have my eye on an ECOGOLD patriotic xc pad) and say "THANK YOU PATRICIA FOR PROVIDING US ALL WITH SUPER-AWESOME-WICKED BEHIND THE SCENES COVERAGE FROM THE BEST OF THE BEST".  Not that difficult right?!  No promises, but you might even get an M&M or two.
Bertuzzi is NOT as upset
as Chester about being
left behind...

Among the things I have to do today - in no particular order - are: finish packing, buy snacks, go to the bank to get some Yankie money, fill up the tank with Diesel (don't even get me started on the price of diesel), move a fridge (don't ask me about that either), get Chester all sorted out for the 4 days I am gone (given that he is on the injured reserve list for the next 3+ months, there are specific things that he needs to do every day..but, don't ask me about that either), check in to the Live Blog that EN is doing (I have no idea how I am going to rip myself away from that to do all the other damn things on this list), get my eyebrows waxed (feel free to ask me about that...and as if all you ladies out there didn't do the same thing right before Rolex), REMEMBER MY PASSPORT, make sure Bertuzzi is looked after, charge all the batteries for the camera (remember the camera), etc etc etc.

More important then ANY of that stuff...I have to remember to set the PVR to record the 8 hours of Royal Wedding Coverage that begins promptly at 3:00 a.m. Eastern time tonight.  If you see anyone tomorrow running around with a Royal Wedding Hat - more then likely, it is yours truly.

And just WHY do I have so much to do today before we start the 1,037.18 km trek later this evening?!  Well, feel free to ask the wonderful people who work at my local Crappy Canadian Tire.  I made an appointment specifically at 1:00 p.m. to have the Winters changed to the Summers...3 hours later, I was still there...explain that to me.

Good luck to all the riders...!!! Stay safe and give your horses the best damn rides you have ever given them.  We are all rooting for you.  And we are all living vicariously through you too.

Less writing, more doing stuff on the 'things I have to do today' list as above.
Next time, I write...it will be from the Bluegrass...
See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am also pining for one of those XC pads :) Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete