Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Jennifer's Rolex Experience - Is it Rolex time yet?

Mom!  Take me with you!
I just have two long (11.5 hour long to be exact) work days till it's time for Rolex!  Thanks to that I pretty much had to pack this weekend.  Even with this being my 5th trip to Rolex, trying to decide what to pack doesn't get any easier.  Currently weather.com is telling me that we should have good weather, mid 60s to high 70s, windy on Thursday but then partly sunny/sunny the rest of the weekend.  Of course knowing Kentucky that could change 10 times between now and then.  So I pack for every possibility and keep praying to the weather gods! 

Wednesday, I will hopefully have time to keep some last rides in on the various ponies before starting the trek to Kentucky that evening.  We'll be driving through the night so don't be surprised if I'm a little bit punchy come Thursday. 

Like everyone else in the eventing world not lucky enough to head over to England, I spent the weekend compulsively searching for any and all Badminton news.  After immersing myself in the virtual world of Badminton I’m even more excited to arrive at Rolex.  The prospect of getting to see Mark Todd fresh of his Badders win is just icing on the cake.

Rolex has always been the high point of my spring.  It’s such an opportunity to learn from the best riders in our sport.  Like always I will be furiously snapping photos all weekend and we’ll be taking videos, including at least one rider at every fence on cross country.  So lots for me to study after we come home.  And thanks to Ecogold I’m going to get to have an insiders view.  There are lots of great things planned and I can’t wait to take part.  Before we get caught up in all the Rolex excitement I just want to say thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to Patricia and Ecogold for letting me be a part of this.  I plan to make the most of it and report back to all my fellow ammies both here on Ecogold and my own blog.  Expect picture overload on my blog, last year I had thousands to go through and I don’t expect this year to be any different. 

I don’t know how I’m going to make it through the next few days, I’m dying to see that Kentucky bluegrass and finally meet Patricia and my fellow bloggers in person.  See you Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment