Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Recognizing success when you see it

"Any success over there?" ~ Jubal at Badminton
At the beginning of the year, I wrote a post about The Secrets to Success. As a (laid-back but still) type A, I'm a firm believer in setting goals and working relentlessly hard to achieve them. But sometimes you get so caught up in the rat race, that you lose the ability to recognize success when you see it. 

This morning, I received some photos that just reminded me to take a minute, breathe and appreciate success.

First, my French spy sent me this photo of Jubal at Badminton. Jubal is the French horse that was teaching beginners how to ride at the Carillon Equestrian center (read article here) and is now about to compete at the 2011 Badminton Horse Trials CCI****.  If that is not a great success story, I don't know what is...

Badminton House looks exactly like ECOGOLD HQ
Then, the photo above by French 25-yr-old rider Gwendolen Fer, upon her arrival  at Badminton yesterday,  reminded me of how special it must be  to compete there, specially for a first timer. At this moment, they are probably all focusing on the competition itself, and of course, we want all of our riders to do well, but for a minute, let's just appreciate the fact that they got there. They've had to qualify, train, get the funding, keep their horses sound, fundraise some more... and then some. Well done guys!
Now, they just have to find a way to the top... go Ecogold-riders!
Later, I got these from Sophie, who owns Horses in Sport UK / Kebcote.... Stand #112 at Badders
ECOGOLD at Badders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he he
ECOGOLD XC Boots at Badminton
Close up
ECOGOLD Saddle Pads at Badminton Stand #112
At the USEA Convention last December, I was sitting on a couch with Max Corcoran and Karen O'Connor, when Karen asked me: "Did you ever imagine you'd be sitting here five years ago?" me: "Are you kidding? Never in a million years!"

So... let me take a minute to appreciate that:
  • Ecogold products will be sold at Badminton for the first time
  • There will be 8 ECOGOLD riders from 5 countries competing at Badminton (another first)
  •  Last night, we reached 5,000 likers on Facebook. Thank YOU!!!
Now, it's your turn. Whether you have conquered a fear, are trotting your horse after an injury, had a great lesson, have a new job, paid off a credit card...whatever your success is, please take a minute to recognize it and appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment