Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Our 2011 Rolex preview – Part 1: The Aussies

Last year, we did a Rolex preview of our riders, which was quite popular, so we're doing it again.

According to our Rolex Counter on the right column, at the time I've started writing this, we're 8 days, 11 hours 22 min 8 seconds away. Squee! We've started shipping our boxes full of saddle pads, half pads, horse boots, catalogs down from ECOGOLD HQ in Montreal to Kentucky.

The riders' pads and boots are all done....except for a last minute rider who just asked me last night. You know who you are!!! Thankfully, I was able to squeeze it in, so we're all good.

Ok, let's start with the Australians, because #1. they're cool. #2. both Australians at Rolex will be riding in Ecogold pads. Very exciting. I'm pretty sure, at some point, they will come hang out at the ECOGOLD Stand #69 in the Trade Fair *hint, hint.

Clayton Fredericks
not Be My Guest but it's a cool pic
Clayton has to win the multi-tasker award. He rides, he coaches, he gives clinics, he sings, he has a TV show "In Control" on Horse and Country TV, he runs a saddlery business with his brother Kelvin in Australia... wow, I'm already tired just to think of how he manages all that.

He is coming to Rolex with his 13-yr-old mare Be My Guest (Lottie), who was 3rd at 2010 Burghley. Lottie is already on the Australian Elite Squad, with Clayton qualified for 2012 London Olympics.

She was entered both at Rolex and at Badminton, which was a bit confusing, but I was told a couple of weeks ago that Rolex was Plan A. So, they have probably withdrawn her from Badminton as I write this.

Here's a cool video from Fontainebleau, featuring both Clayton and Lucinda's Cross-Country rounds, riding in ECOGOLD Saddle Pads

Another video - Be My Guest - Showjumping Fontainebleau 2011

In other news, they have introduced a Free Members Area on the Team Fredericks website. You sign up here: Team Fredericks Members Area and you will have access to exclusive videos from Clayton at Rolex and a lot more.

Also, there's a very cool contest from Southern Stars Saddlery (his business). If Clayton wins Rolex, they will give away one of their saddles to a lucky winner picked randomly. All you have to do, is sign up for their newsletter to enter the draw: http://southernstarssaddlery.com/

Hamish Cargill
Hamish's XC Pad :)
He he... I'm super excited that Hamish has agreed to ride in our pads. I'm a huge fan of the videos he did at the World Equestrian Games...so as soon as I saw his name on the entry list, we got in touch through my super secret Australian source.. cough ESJ cough ;). Hamish sent back a message: "I'd be very keen to ride in the saddle pads, they sound like a fantastic product."

I've never seen him ride, but I figured he must be all right if he's coming all the way from Australia to compete at Rolex.

Samantha Clark caught up with him at the Kentucky Horse Park, and I was amazed at how nice he is. I'm average-nice, but would definitely not be so chipper after a 40-hour flight ordeal. I can't wait to meet him in person now.


And...Helmet Cam Alert! Hamish riding the Preliminary Course at the Walaby Hill Horse Trials

No comments:

Post a Comment