Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

FOMS - from still stuck here Holly

F.O.M.S. - Fear Of Missing Something. That's a phrase the Area 2 adult riders group uses when some of us get to attend an event, and some of us don't. FOMS is a real disorder, and it makes you crazy. So crazy you pull over on the highway, fire up your computer and check Facebook just to be sure you haven't missed the latest post or picture. By arriving a bit later this week, I'm going to be suffering from FOMS until Friday when the whirlwind we'll be riding touches down in Kentucky. We're watching the wather like hawks. And I'm agonizing over whether to pack, and thus have to carry the boots, or suffer the inelegant procedure of putting them on and taking them off at the airport security line. From all reports, it looks as though some kind of boots will be necessary this year. I'm worried about making sure I don't miss something really important on the schedule, which I keep writing down, and losing, and re-writing. I'm worried I've promised too many people I'll stop and say "hi". I'm worried I can't keep up on the course walk, I'm worried I won't drink enough water (or find enough potty stops -- when you're over the hill you do NOT want to lose sight of those wonderful square plastic structures that signal r-e-l-i-e-f). I do not want to miss meeting all the other Ammy Ecogold Team members. So, FOMS is hitting hard and the only way to get rid of this is, simply, to make that plane and get to the Kentucky Horse Park. In the meantime, I'm just going to wear out the internet checking everything. And I am dying to see Sinead's jog outfit from Weds. I hope it accentuates her beautiful horse and her equally beautiful smile. See y'all Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment